If life is a classroom I've repeated a few grades.
Friday, January 21, 2011
My pastor had a great post
on his blog this week about letting go
. As he discussed how we should deal with our past, one particular line grabbed my attention:
"Learn the lesson from the past, or you'll have to take the class again."
Hmm...if life is a classroom, then I've flunked out of some subjects a few times. So with that thought in mind, here are a few of the lessons I've been given plenty of chances to learn, re-learn, and learn again:
- It's always better to just go ahead and do the laundry. One load quickly grows into ten.
- Forgive right away. You'll eventually come around to forgiveness, so do it quickly instead of nursing a grude.
- Kids don't care if you tell them that they MUST - for the love
- PLEASE HURRY UP. It will still take them 24 minutes to locate and put on their shoes.
- Give yourself 24 more minutes than you think it will take you to arrive somewhere on time.
- Choose kindness. Always choose kindness.
- Sometimes the joke is really, really funny; but if someone has to be the butt of that joke it's just not worth it.
- Little boys toenails grow at an impossibly fast rate and they are always disgusting. Just go ahead and cut them when you think about it or they will turn into dragon claws overnight.
- Neglecting to read the Bible soon leads to a lack of prayer, and loss of other spiritual disciplines. Read it.
- Put the camera down and just enjoy the moment.
- Children only have one childhood. Go ahead and play Uno with them or they'll quit asking you. (Which is infinitely worse than being asked 4 times a day.)
- The kids have a spelling test Every. Single. Friday.
You know it's coming, so
it's a good idea to help them study for that test prior to breakfast on Friday morning.
- If you think about writing someone a thank you note, do it right away. There's a limited time frame for those things.
- I should memorize more scripture. I can cling
to it and find comfort in it if I know it by heart.
So what about you? Any lessons you're working on learning?
Tina had this to say:
oh, me too. oh, that's true. oh man! me too.
- January 21, 2011 at 7:45 AM
had this to say:
GREAT post!! Brought a smile and a little more motivation to my day! Thanks.
- January 21, 2011 at 9:55 AM
Jessica had this to say:
- Let the child sit on your lap when he asks. Wave and give hugs at the bus stop while he'll let you. Eat lunch at school when you can. Too soon I'll be uncool and "not allowed" to do those things.
- January 21, 2011 at 10:31 AM
Stephen Cliff had this to say:
- Cyclopropane hydrocarbons typically attach to adipose tissue in the body; thus, anesthetics with a cyclopropane base have a very long half life. Also extremely flammable at room temperatures.
...Yeah... I might be flunking this class and taking it over again. But something I have learned: If you live with 2 or more males, never leave the bathroom door unlocked when you take a shower.
- January 23, 2011 at 5:25 PM
Back To the Main Page