I really like my kids right now.
Monday, June 29, 2009


Can I just go on record and say that 7, 5, and 3 are great ages? These guys are so much fun right now.

No more endless crying that defies explanation. They still get upset, but they all have words! They can USE LANGUAGE to tell me what's wrong! Granted, sometimes what's wrong is that someone touched them or looked at them weird, but at least they can tell me.

No more diapers. Enough said.

Ryan and Dylan are learning to be truly grateful for things like family vacation. They really get it that it's special when the five of us get to spend time together.

They all sing in the car. Loud. I love it.

Lauryn loves to "just talk". She will often ask me or her Dad, "Come lay down with me, and let's just talk!" Recent conversation: "Let's talk Mommy." "Okay, what do you wanna talk about?" "God." "Okay, what do you know about God?" "I know he made pine cones and he lives in my heart." The child manages to work pine cones into any conversation lately.

For about 40% of the day, they truly enjoy each other. The other 60% of the day they either tolerate each other, irritate each other, or are generally indifferent to each other. But that 40% sure is sweet.






3 Comments:
Blogger Kelly had this to say:

I just told some people last night how much I love the stage our kids are in as well. This really is a fun season!

June 29, 2009 at 9:26 AM 


Blogger Catrina had this to say:

Wow! Ryan looks especially grown up in that picture. It's nice to know that we'll eventually get to the point where everyone functions like human beings. Ha!

June 30, 2009 at 6:07 PM 


Blogger Foresterclan had this to say:

TOTALLY understand. There are days I wake up and go... This is GREAT, but then there are also days I say, "NOOOOOOoooo it's too soon, it went so fast!" The older they get the more I seem to embrace the idea of total independance!

July 15, 2009 at 1:58 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







Cliff Familyt

I'm Starr Cliff. A domestically-challenged mom, climbing over mountains of laundry to bring you my stray observations and amusing stories about my kids. (more)

 







 



  • Crafts
  • Serious Laundry Lady Posts
  • Food
  • Friends
  • Home Management
  • KidMin
  • Speech Language Pathology


  •  



    Design by: soapbox.SUPERSTAR