Call it a social experiment.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I wonder how long I could go with my hair pulled back in a ponytail, wearing some variation of a long-sleeved black shirt and jeans, before my friends would hold some kind of intervention? Months? Years even?

I'm pretty sure I'm nearing day 55 or 60 or 1,032 and no one has said anything yet. (I'm exaggerating. But only slightly.)

Call it the Mom Uniform.

Blogger Daniel had this to say:

That's quite funny, actually. :-)

For my part, being a guy, it would probably take a couple years at least before I would notice such a pattern. For most guys, they won't notice until you wear a different type of shirt or wear your hair down.

What can I say! We're more or less oblivious.

February 4, 2009 at 5:33 PM

You look cute to me! I wouldn't complain! :-)

February 4, 2009 at 6:34 PM

OH, and this totally reminds me of something I don't think I ever told me. Maybe a little over a year ago, you posted a link to a friend's site that talked about the "mom uniform" and she had a link to some comfortable tennis shoes that were part of her own mom uniform, which I promptly purchased. They are black Nikes, and comfortable as can be, BUT.....they have a split toe design (which I didn't notice when I purchased them). As in, there's a slot between the big toe and the rest of the toes. It's hideous. But they are SO comfortable that I cannot resist to wear them at least a few times a week. But every single time I do, some honest friend notices their weirdness factor. But do I care?? Nope!!! They don't hurt!!!

February 4, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Blogger The Gobble's (Lanetta) had this to say:

you look adorable...

February 4, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Blogger Kelly had this to say:

Hey! That is my mom uniform too!

And your hair looks so healthy and shiny... beautiful!

February 4, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Blogger Tina had this to say:

I've been doing this since high school. Only I vary with black pants or black dress & have recently began to add a flash of color here & there. I call it my "Audrey uniform"!

February 5, 2009 at 10:46 AM