Recommendations? Anyone?
Thursday, March 27, 2008

My awesome in-laws gave me a hefty gift certificate to iTunes as a birthday present. (30 years old tomorrow. THIRTY. YEARS. OLD.)

I'm itchin' to spend it, but thought I would see if anyone has some favorite albums to suggest.

My musical taste runs far and wide. All suggestions sought and welcomed.

Maybe my best friend Lisa has some newly favorite country hits to suggest?

Blogger Queen Cash had this to say:

Mike Farris' CD "Salvation in Lights" is the best music purchase I've made in YEARS. Keith and I are both obsessed with this album! It's fantastic gospel meets southern rock meets the blues. Oh, it's WAY good.

March 27, 2008 at 8:40 PM

Blogger Matthews had this to say:

Newsboys...Go cd is one I love! And Toby Mac...One World? I just can think of that song!

And just wait for 35...one loses their mind on the day!

March 27, 2008 at 8:54 PM

Thirty years old!?!? I can't believe I am even associating with someone on the verge of joining AARP! Juuuust kidding. I'm just a few months behind ya. Have a great birthday! I wish I had some good recommendations, but I can't even tell you the name of the songs I like--much less who sings them! I'm clueless!

March 28, 2008 at 1:11 AM

Blogger Paige had this to say:

Happy Birthday!! Wait 'til 40 hits, lol. As for songs, I love everything Third Day. Casting Crowns is also good.

March 28, 2008 at 10:48 AM

Blogger Shelly Collins had this to say:

Hi Starr, yeah I'm turning 30 this year too. Yikes. Can you believe I don't even own an ipod? I'm kinda clueless too when it comes to music now. I noticed on your blog that you're working, what are you doing?

March 28, 2008 at 11:57 AM

Blogger kelly had this to say:

Happy Birthday!!!

As for music, I have become a big fan of Rosie Thomas now a days (guess why? - Aug 22nd and counting...)Anyway, her latest "These friends of mine" is my favorite. Also, Sufjan Stevens if you are into that kind of music. I think my favorite song of his is "Do anything for you" but the official title is something like "for the widows of.."(some city in Michigan, I think?) Another one I like is Iron and Wine. Of course, none of these I have recommended play "christian" music, but they are Christians who play music, if you know what I mean. As far as the Christian music goes, Joey and I are big fans of the Passion cds. Finally, if you are into soundtracks, my current favorite is Across the Universe. I don't know if I should recommend the movie, but the soundtrack rocks!

March 28, 2008 at 3:35 PM

Blogger Sweet Yet Sassy had this to say:

Oh yea! Happy 30th Birthday!! That is so great! It is fun to see that all of my friends are turning 30 before me! ;)

March 31, 2008 at 10:26 AM