30 Years
Saturday, March 29, 2008

30th birthday recap:

Jonathan asked the boys what kind of cake they wanted to make me, and they decided I needed a "pink princess" cake. How great is that? No one can feel old when presented with this:

Made with love.
So sugary sweet you can feel your teeth falling out of your head.

I really wanted a picture of me with the kids. Why do I ever think that will work out? Upon my request, Jonathan was the photographer. I think he has made a personal vow that he will never use more than 30 seconds of his life attempting to capture a shot. His technique: Stand up, snap about five pictures in immediate succession with no warning, and hope for the best.

Take 1:

Take 2:

Take 3: Where's my middle born? He fell off the couch in hysterical laughter when my first born announced "We better hurry. In about three minutes I'm gonna fart." Nice.

Take 4 and the best we were gonna get:

Thanks to everyone who sent birthday wishes!

A good friend sent me a message early in the day that said "Being 30 rocks!" For a moment I wondered if she was being sarcastic...but then I decided to banish that thought and embrace the sentiment! Being 30 rocks!

Blogger MaryBeth had this to say:

Happy 30th! What a great cake :) 30 is most definetly not old :) (at least in my mind...could be because its coming really fast...I only have 4 months of my 20's left :)
Thanks for blogging,
btw your kids are pretty cute...fart talk and all LOL
MaryBeth

March 29, 2008 at 2:03 PM

Happy Birthday!!

March 29, 2008 at 4:11 PM

I'm glad you ended up with a really great picture in the end. Happy Birthday!!! You might be 30, but you still look JUST the same as you did when you were 18! That's gotta mean something!

March 29, 2008 at 6:04 PM

Blogger Margo had this to say:

Happy Happy Birthday to you friend! I am not 30 until August...I am going to show my hubby your blog b/c he tends to not do anything for my b-days. All I want him to do is something simple...I love your cake! It looks great! And I agree with Catrina, you haven't changed much since I've known you...has it been over 12 years? Crazzzzzyyyy!!

March 29, 2008 at 7:37 PM

Blogger Blair Family had this to say:

Happy Birthday! I have gotten adjusted to being in my 30's now. It still seems like we were all in high school and the youth group just a few years ago. Gosh does time fly!!! Tell Johnathan I am impressed with his cake:)

March 29, 2008 at 7:56 PM

Blogger Pinky had this to say:

Hey Starr,
long time no comment! :-)
Happy Birthday, looks like you sure are loved by your crew.
I know what you mean about husbands taking pictures, though.
You'd think it was excrutiatingly painful (at least in my house).

March 31, 2008 at 1:17 AM