Brown Baggin' It
Monday, September 3, 2007

Ryan's only been in school one week, and I already feel bored with what I'm packing in his lunch sack. Beyond sandwiches, or spaghettio's or ravioli in his little thermos bowl, I'm pretty much out of ideas.

Suggestions?

I got a few new ideas from Google, but it's more fun to hear your suggestions.

Blogger Paige had this to say:

Check out www.familyfun.com. I think I remember some ideas on what to pack for lunch.

September 3, 2007 at 9:35 AM

Blogger Queen Cash had this to say:

That's funny! I was just about to recommend the same site! I love this site:

They have really well-insulated lunch compartments these days, and you can actually pack them a hot lunch! I do it every day, but then if I didn't, I'd be shunned I think.

If you wanna REALLY be creative, pack them a Japanese style lunch box. Wanna know what's in my kids lunch several days a week? Rice with dried fish/seaweed sprinkles on top (it's actually DELICIOUS!), edamame (soy beans), fish, and mandarin oranges. They get that lunch at least twice a week and love it! :-) Or there's always "octopus balls", another of their favorites (no, I'm not kidding and no it's not what it sounds like). :-) Have fun!!!

September 3, 2007 at 11:31 AM

Anonymous Amy had this to say:

What about Turkey and cheese roll-ups in a tortilla. Those would be easy to eat and something a little different than a sandwich.
Amy Hinkle

September 3, 2007 at 1:31 PM

Gracias chicas!

September 4, 2007 at 2:45 PM

Anonymous lori hill had this to say:

Noah is a PB & J kid, however, I have tried numerous times to liven it up with chicken nuggets that I have microwave in the am and then wrapped in foil. They stay warm enough. He seems to enjoy the pb & J. Occassionally, I'll buy the pizza lunchables to liven it up. BUt our lunches are pretty boring. Logan's sole reason for going to kindergarten is eating in the cafeteria, he loves about 75% of the lunches.

September 4, 2007 at 11:20 PM

Blogger Mrs. and Mama Knifton had this to say:

I always hated lunchables as a kid. I threw them away whenever I goot them. I think I'll have to check out the site listed and maybe work on it for my hubby's lunches. *;o)

September 13, 2007 at 9:40 PM