Cool Stuff Nearby
Sunday, April 29, 2007
Me and the kids spent the morning out running around. I think we are really going to like our neighborhood.
Are you seeing the theme? Do I seem a little exuberant about the whole drive-thru thing? For anyone with three kids (or more, Margo!) still in car seats, you understand my excitement.
- Half a mile down the main cross street in our neighborhood there is a brand new SuperTarget.
- Two miles further, there is a brand new Wal-Mart. It has a drive-thru pharmacy!
- There is a nice new donut shop nearby. It also has a drive-thru!
- The Starbucks has a drive-thru! (The Starbucks isn't really in our neighborhood, but it's still worth mentioning.)
- There is a great park about a half a mile away. There is a large play area for kids ages 2-5, and a larger area for bigger kids. It has a large wooden fence all the way around, and there is little chance for escape! It's called Legacy Play Village.
- The park is surrounded on three sides by large open fields. We arrived pretty early this morning, and saw at least 50 (maybe 100?) prairie dogs scampering all over the fields. The kids were thrilled with getting to watch them. The kids discovered pretty quickly that if they would clap their hands or make noise, the critters would run back toward their burrows. Great fun was had by all. (Well, the prairie dogs might not have enjoyed it as much as my kids did.) We will have to put Prairie Dog Town on our list of places to visit.
Margo had this to say:
Yippee for drive thrus...although today I backed into someone in the Taco Bueno drive thru :( We decided just to go inside because it was taking so long and I didn't realize that someone had pulled up behind me. Oops...Praise God there was no damage! So, Yippee for a FAST drive thru! Slow ones lead to wining...at least in the Lowry minivan.
- April 29, 2007 at 1:56 PM
Gombojav Tribe had this to say:
Big fan of drive-thrus, here! With five kids to drag around on errand day I start wishing everything had a drive-thru. Why isn't there a drive-thru grocery store, post office, office supply store, and shoe store? There really should be! :-)
- April 29, 2007 at 7:48 PM
Back To the Main Page