Warning: Not for the Faint of Heart
Wednesday, February 7, 2007
Lauryn has been a sick little girl today. Fever, vomiting, diarrhea...the whole ugly mess. It's almost midnight and we just put her back to bed after giving her a bath. Here are some things I have learned today:
- Jonathan wears a sad face when Ryan and Dylan are sick. He hates for his children to be ill and becomes the most empathetic person on the planet. When Lauryn is sick, the sad face is much, much worse. I guess no Daddy can bear it when their little girl feels bad.
- If I had to chose, I would rather clean up a little boy than a little girl when they get sick in bed. Short hair is much preferred to long hair when throw up is involved.
- I am grateful for small miracles. Lauryn is not a child who enjoys baths, and generally throws a huge fit when it's time to wash her hair. However...tonight during her impromptu bath she was altogether pleasant. Laughing, splashing, talking - having a grand ol' time. And this in spite of cleaning up the aforementioned substance in her hair. Perhaps she was just too worn out to throw a fit and decided to make the most of it!
- Three and four year old boys aren't very empathetic. At all. They are capable of continuing on with their routine even if mayhem is breaking out all around them.
- If I could, I would trade places with Lauryn in a heartbeat. I would rather be ill than watch her be ill. However, with that being said, I really do not want to catch whatever she has right now. If you find there is a shortage of Lysol, Clorox, Anti-Bacterial Hand Cleaner, or hand soap at your local store, it's probably because it's all at our house.
Gombojav had this to say:
I've been lurking on your blog. I found it via your husband's blog, which I found via someone elses! :-)
Anyway, I can totally relate as my children are sick today, too.
Praying for you!
- February 7, 2007 at 12:01 PM
Back To the Main Page